We are happy to announce the Čermák7 - the 7th International Meeting on Heat Flow and the Thermal Structure of the Lithosphere, to be held from June 20-22, 2022 in Potsdam, Germany.
Aims & scope
The 7th International Meeting on Heat Flow and the Thermal Structure of the Lithosphere will be held in Potsdam, Germany, hosted by the GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences. The meeting renews the successful tradition of the Czech "castle meetings", which were organized by the Geophysical Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences in the years from 1982 to 2006. In honor of the chairman of those meetings, the name Čermák is adopted now for the conference series and the meetings ahead, organized under the auspices of the IHFC.
The overarching theme of the Potsdam Čermák7 meeting, which is organized both as a conference and a workshop (call for abstracts), provides a unique opportunity for researchers, students and industry experts to show and discuss recent results and developments in heat-flow determination and interpretation, experimental petrophysics, geothermal exploration and lithosphere studies.
The meeting is subdivided into (I) a two-day scientific conference and (II) an one-day heat-flow workshop on the quality assessment of the Global Heat Flow Database. The scientific conference focuses on integrated studies on the understanding of Earth's thermal ﬁeld. Contributions are welcomed addressing the following themes:
- heat-ﬂow determination and quality of heat-ﬂow compilations
- experimental and theoretical work on rock thermal properties and heat transfer processes
- the relations between thermal state, rheology and geodynamics
- xenolith studies to verify thermal lithospheric models
- thermal evolution of sedimentary basins
- borehole temperature data in relation to (palaeo-)climate research
- ice core thermal properties and thermal aspects of ice-sheet modelling in relation to (palaeo-)climate research
- geological and thermo-physical data for the exploration of geothermal energy systems
Registration and abstract submission open
The conference registration and the abstract submission is now open and limited to 70 participants. You are cordially invited to register and to submit abstracts. A reserved contingent of rooms can be booked in the Seminaris SeeHotel.
For more information please visit our conference website.
Sven Fuchs, Ben Norden, Angela Spalek
(Local Organization Committee)