NEW call: GFZ Discovery Fellowships 2021
To start your application, you need to register as an applicant.
If you are already registered please use the login form.
New Call for 2 GFZ Discovery Fellowships - 2021
For the third time, GFZ will offer two PostDoc positions that aim at adding to the current and future direction of GFZ’s research. The positions are promoted by the “GFZ Discovery Fund” and will support up to two fellowships for a maximum duration of three years.
Successful candidates are expected to define innovative scientific projects and to identify future fields of research within the GFZ research units. The research topic can be freely chosen, but must be assigned to one of the GFZ’s program topics of the Helmholtz Association PoF IV period, have an interdisciplinary approach, and be realized in close cooperation with at least two GFZ sections.
Therefore, the research themes should integrate GFZ’s sections and open up interdisciplinary fields, which also allow the candidates to sharpen his/her innovative research profile.
Deadline for the new call is Wednesday, August 25th, 2021.
Please apply via this online application platform only!
Short listed candidates will be invited to present their projects on Friday, September 24th, 2021.
The planned starting date for the fellowships is January 1st, 2022.
Requirements and Application
- You should be a junior scientist from outside or within the GFZ, holding a PhD in Geosciences or related fields awarded less than 6 years (date of defense) before the call deadline - an extension is accepted for approved time(s) of parental leave.
- Your proposal should be linked to at least one of the within the GFZs research environment (topics 1, 2, 3, 5 or 8).
- The proposal– focusing on innovation and interdisciplinarity within a program topic and/or between the program topics – is the core of your application.
- You need at least the support of two (by “Section Head Statements”) ensuring the interdisciplinarity of your proposed research project - one section that acts as sponsor and host (‘lead section’) and at least one additional co-sponsoring section.
- You should have an excellent record (publications, preparatory work etc.)
- The proposal (max. 6 pages: 4 pages text + 2 for figures/tables) - focusing on innovation and interdisciplinary - is the core of your application.
- It is complemented by a CV (max. 2 pages) and
- "Section Head Statements" of at least two section heads from GFZ.