The purpose of this conference is to bring together researchers from natural sciences (e.g. hydrology, meteorology, geomorphology, hydraulics, environmental sciences, seismology, physical geography), risk research, human geography, nonlinear systems dynamics, and applied mathematics to discuss new insights and developments about impact modeling, risk assessments and risk mitigation, process understanding and the analysis of complex systems. Knowledge transfer, communication and networking will be a key issue of the conference. The conference will comprise keynote speeches and invited talks given by outstanding experts, oral presentations, poster sessions and discussions. In view of the uncertainties related to the COVID-19 pandemic we currently plan a hybrid format of the conference to facilitate participation in case of severe or uncertain conditions in parts of the world.
Already confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Prof. Susann Cutter, University of South Carolina, US
- Prof. Torsten Dahm, Helmholtz Centre Potsdam German Research Centre for Geosciences GFZ, Germany
- Prof. Bruno Merz, Helmholtz Centre Potsdam German Research Centre for Geosciences GFZ, Germany
- Dr. Dalia Kirschbaum, Hydrological Sciences Laboratory NASA, US
- Dr. Jakob Zscheischler, University of Bern, Switzerland (Session 6)
Registration can be done until 31 August 2021 via the same link as for abstract submission. For organisational reasons, attendance is limited in number. More details about the conference can be found in the attached flyer and at our website: https://www.uni-potsdam.de/en/natriskchange/activities/second-international-natriskchange-conference-2021.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Potsdam or as an online participant!