German-Russian Workshop, Berlin University of Technology
· Laboratory models of earthquakes
· Stick-slip instabilities in frictional systems and their statistical properties
· Precursory creep and prediction of earthquakes
· Transition between stable and unstable system behavior
· Scaling problems: How can laboratory observations of stick slip events be related to real faults?
If you plan to attend the Workshop, please send an abstract of your presentation
as soon as possible but not later than the end of August 2010 to
The Workshop will take place at the TU Berlin, building MS, room MS 107, Einsteinufer 5,D-10587 Berlin (see the .pdf file for the preliminary program and the campus plan of the Berlin Technical University).