The Potsdam Summer School 2019 is calling for applications now!
This year’s Summer School will take place from August 20 through August 29, 2019 in Potsdam, Germany. It will address the central topic of connecting science and society.
The 2019 Potsdam Summer School (PSS) will explore the importance of science communication in order to find effective ways of communicating highly relevant topics in the field of sustainability and global change. With its ten-day program, the PSS 2019 will enable participants to create individual as well as organizational communication strategies to various audiences. This includes both the reactive elements of press and media relations as well as the proactive communication via traditional and new media outlets.
Since the sharing of interdisciplinary knowledge and expertise is highly relevant, the following questions will also guide the ten-day programme:
- How can scientists address audiences from other societal areas?
- Can all sustainability topics be communicated equally?
- Should scientists become advocates rather than taking neutral positions only?
- How to deal with incomplete or wrongly presented scientific information?
- How to reduce complexity, without losing the scientific character?
- How to strengthen the credibility of scientific findings?
The call for applications will start on February 01. The deadline for submitting applications will be on April 30. For further information visit www.potsdam-summer-school.org