Application Guideline NFDI4Earth Academy
- You are a doctoral or postdoctoral researcher affiliated with a German university or non-university research institution.
- You will be working at a German university or non-university research institution for at least the next year (calculated from November 1st 2022).
- You should be able to communicate on scientific topics in English or German.
A brief guide to the online application form
All sections of the online application form must be completed and submitted by the deadline in order for your application to be considered. Fill in all mandatory fields (marked in red) and upload the required documents (see below for a list of required documents). Please upload all your documents, regardless text or image, as one single PDF document.
You will need to complete the application form in a single session - the form will be cleared when you leave the page. Therefore, please prepare all required documents before starting to fill in the application form. However, it is your responsibility to check if your application and materials meet the requirements before submitting. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
In the case of severe technical problems with the online form please contact Jonas Kuppler
All text and documents should be written in English. Please use the following templates
Please submit all required documents as a single PDF document less than 4 MB in size!
- 150 words – What are your ambitions regarding Data Sciences and why do you think the NFDI4Earth Academy can add value to your research project?
- 150 words – Describe your experience in interdisciplinary research.
- 1 1/2 pages - A concise description of your current scientific project including how you will combine Earth System and Data Science. Please use the template provided here.
- Doctoral researchers need to include a letter of recommendation from their supervisor, agreeing to your participation in the NFDI4Earth Academy. PostDocs may include a short letter of recommendation, if desired. A template is provided here.
- max. 2 pages - Curriculum vitae, including a publication list, contributions or other significant achievements and experiences in data sciences and research data management.
Applications will be reviewed by a scientific team with expertise in Earth System Science and Data Science.
Selected applicants will receive an e-mail notification about admission by 25th October 2022.
Note: If the submitted application is successful, the Fellow and his/her supervisor (if applicable) agree that:
the Fellow will join the NFDI4Earth Academy for a two-year program and will be mentioned on the NFDI4Earth Academy website.
the Fellow’s scientific results produced within the Academy framework will be published following FAIR principles.