Welcome to the Geo.X Young Academy
The Geo.X Young Academy connects early career scientists with a passion for integrating Earth System and related disciplines across institutional boundaries. Our mission is to equip the next generation of scientists with the skills and mindset for open, data-driven research that transcends disciplinary borders. We provide tailored training, interdisciplinary networking opportunities, and support for innovative, interdisciplinary research projects to achieve this. As a part of the Geo.X network, Academy Fellows benefit from a dynamic and expanding research community that leverages the strengths and expertise of our collaborative partners."
Core elements of the Academy are:
- Integration of doctoral and postdoctoral researchers
- Think tank for bridging Earth System Sciences with other disciplines
- Developing a unique scientific profile
- Open academy program based on agile bottom-up processes
- Peer-mentored environment
- Networking across disciplinary boundaries
We currently support two tracks of the Young Academy: Geo.Data Science and Geo.Society. The topic Geo.Data Science is embedded in the NFDI4Earth Academy, which Geo.X organizes together with the Geoverbund ABC/J and Deutsche Allianz Meeresforschung (DAM).