Scientific Drilling Training Course 2013
The GFZ Platform “Scientific Drilling” invites master students, doctorate students, post-docs and young researchers from Geo.X institutions who are involved in scientific drilling projects to apply for a
Training Course on Deep Scientific Drilling
to be held from April 23-25, 2013 at the GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam.
The training course will touch upon relevant aspects of scientific drilling, including
- drilling engineering
- handling and storage of samples (drill core, cuttings, fluids)
- on-site core logging and scanning
- geophysical downhole logging
- data management
- project planning and management
- project funding and support through international programs (ICDP, IODP)
Please contact Thomas Wiersberg (email@example.com) if you have further questions.